LAST UPDATED DEC 12 2010 - I'm getting close to that celebration drink!
Okay, so the more I thought about my
project under the stairs to create a workspace, the more excited I got, and the more potential I saw! So, my small project got more detailed and I decided to go for the gusto. The following list is my todos to get it done... so not an exciting read, but check back occasionally and see how far I've gotten. Please feel free to give me a good kick if I'm not moving along on it!
Trim Floor adhesive under treads
gyprock
Mud Sand Mud Sand Mud Sand Mud Sand
I'm so glad that part is done - minimal cursing even! :D
Little speed bump here; there are a couple spots that need to be remudded. When the primer went on and with the way the light hits it it is an obvious defect.
Install 2x2s with notch
Install shelf supports
Install dowel brackets
Cut 4 shelves
Wash out all the dust
First priming coat: gyprock, under treads, shelves (spray paint for all those corners?)
Prime everything else
1st coat of paint: treads, shelves, walls
2nd coat of paint: treads, shelves, walls
install shelves
Touch ups/3rd coat as needed
Prepaint baseboard if possible
Install flooring and baseboard
Touch up baseboard
Paint door jamb & door as needed
Install switch plates
Measure & sew blinds
Trim dowels and paint to match under stairs
Install blinds
Wrapping paper support base - cut, paint, install
Stretchy cord - install
Measure & build desktop
1st coat paint on desktop
2nd coat paint on desktop (undetermined at this point)
Install desktop
Determine if latch is needed & install
Install cork board
Install ribbon dowel
Install jars
Behind desk:
Declutter those last two moving boxes
Install hooks for fishing rods
Restore camping/traveling gear
Trap door - determine ways to support it when open if needed
CELEBRATION DRINK
No comments:
Post a Comment