Before:
This is before I tackle the grand project, but realize it is also an after shot - one week ago this small space was stuffed with random boxes and totes and pails... it was all pulled out and sorted/decluttered etc. so that at the very least I could get to the trap door for the crawlspace.
So, I printed out the picture and grabbed a sharpie...
My initial plan was just to corral the gift wrapping supplies. We don't have an insane amount, but we are well supplied. If I had my way I would just have a couple rolls of plain paper then with cards and ribbon you can add on to make it festive suitable to the occasion. Dh grew up with, um, insane amounts of gift wrap supplies, so he likes to have a selection. This will be a small space to keep it limited so we should both be happy.
After my first sketch I realized though that I could put in my craft paints too. It is also near my (future)scrapbooking/sewing/crafting area; so it can become an extended part of that. I also think that because it is all confined in the space under the stairs, when someone is working on a project that needs to sit to dry between steps or something like that then this space allows it to be left undisturbed.
Okay, now you have to turn your head. I don't know why this pic wouldn't stay in the right direction but I fussed with it long enough so it is what it is.
Just a bit more detailed, with wrapping stuff on one side, and shelves for paint & stuff on the other. It should be a little easier to understand the first sketch too without the actual picture in the way.
Then the last sketch just simply shows it with the blind down to cover the shelves, and the desk folded up. The only space being used now is the space under the steps.
Now its your turn... give me more ideas!
What am I missing?
What else should I consider?
What colour of paint? Its a small enclosed space... but it's to be a creative space... I could really overthink this!
I know I need to measure carefully so I don't hit that light switch when the desk is dropped down.
I'm going to finish the gyprock and paint it all... might use two tones and follow the drop-down line of the desk just because.
That's it... I'm going to make my supplies list so I can get started on this!
No comments:
Post a Comment