Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm Being Watched

My boss was checking up on me today. Not because anything big has been going on (things have finally slowed down for the winter), not because we haven't talked in awhile (we talked yesterday, and the day before, twice). Not because he doesn't think I'm working (Well, we just won't tell him where I'm blogging from, okay?).

Two ladies from his office, his wife, and the wife of another staff member (four in all) are out of town. Partly for a work related conference, but mostly just because they're all friends and they're off on a trip together - to Las Vegas. That leaves my boss alone in the office, and alone at home. Day two, and he's already bored and calling me to see what I'm up too.

Boss: Are you getting lots of snow?

Me: Not this week. I had the bobcat in yesterday to clear the snow from last week though.

Boss: Oh. It's snowing lots here. How are you doing getting the tent back together?

Me: I just dropped off the parts yesterday to get repaired...

Boss: Oh, right you told me yesterday.

... awkward pause...

Me: (scrambling through my notes to find something new to tell him that I haven't already been in touch about)...

Boss: Oh, the dog wants in. Better go. Talk to you later.

Exciting eh? Guess I better go stir up some trouble to keep him entertained the next time he calls. The things I gotta do to earn a paycheck...

No comments: