I was thinking about the wind last night, which was supposed to be a calm night, and I thought that it was a good thing that my garage tent at work is made of good steel poles, and it's really heavy. Really heavy. It took 8 men to move it. So it should be just fine.
Then fate stuck out it's foot and tripped me up.
When I got to work the tent was gone! Now, it's 24 feet long and 14 feet high, so it can't just disappear. I looked again, and there it was, flipped over, halfway down the yard, leaning against the trees in the ravine. I was too busy cursing to take a picture until after I got help flipping it back upright.
These are some of the holes in the tarp from it scuffling across the gravel when it was on it's side...
This next one sort of shows how it's leaning over. The poles all along the right side are badly bend. Though not as bad in this picture as it was after the wind started up again and flipped it over as I was taking the camera back inside after these shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment