Monday, August 25, 2008

I vented then I relented

So, that night after venting here, I was the first one to finally say something. I couldn't stand it anymore. It was not good though.

He was getting his shoes to go out to do something, what I don't know, since he wasn't talking to me.

In my head, what I wanted to say in a gentle but confident voice was "Be ready to talk this out when you get back".

What my mouth blurted out was "Don't bother coming back until you're ready to talk".

Not good.

He came back alright, about 15 minutes later, and proceded to pack a bag. Didn't say a word.

I couldn't believe it. He was leaving because I was doing the laundry.

This was killing me. I went into another room. I didn't know what to say, you know because I'm so good at speaking my mind without thinking. Ya, that really worked well for me 15 minutes earlier.

The only thing that kept me from crying and yelling was that the kids were home.

He came in, and I forget what he said, but anyways we did get things talked out, and he didn't leave. There was no yelling, but there was a lot of tears and hugs. It's only laundry! WTF!

Anyhow, to make a long story short, we're both doing laundry, whatever needs to be done is done and that is that. So far so good, but then we've had family visiting, he's been out of town, just general chaos, so we're just starting to get back into a school routine. We'll see how it goes. I'm not avoiding the downstairs now, and therefor the litter gets scooped more regularly, and the floor (there really was a floor under there) has been really scrubbed. It's all good, right?

So how come he had to threaten to leave before it got better? Uggg. I guess I'll find out the next time we have a fight.

I bet it will be something serious, like who should refill the toilet paper. Yah, that's gonna be a doozy.

4 comments:

Feisty Irish Wench said...

If you deplete it you're responsible for replenishing it. It's not rocket science. Just make sure you look before you leak so you don't end up having to drip dry.
If you have to replace a roll you didn't use up, feel free to take the roll back to the hall closet when you're done with that visit.

"hey! who used up all the TP?"
"what? there was paper in there when I used it last!"

** miss shannon ** said...

Wow girl... I'm glad you guys worked it all out but what a battle... perhaps a bit of searching might be a thought here... I'm thinking this battle was waaaay bigger than just who does the laundry... my humble and not yet educated psychological opinion... take it as you may... lol... either way, I'm happy for you, as you seem to have a good marriage (outside of the laundry room ;) )... blessing to both of you dear!

insanelybusymomma said...

Funny how that happens huh Sunny? You've heard about some of me and the Mr's fights so ya, I totally know what your talkin about.

I guess one way to look at it is to be thankful you can't keep your trap shut. How embarrassing would it be to have to explain to an attorney and/or judge that your seperation was the result of a disagreement over laundry. :-\

fazzey said...

Sunny, Glad that one is all worked out. Amazing how we can make someting huge out of something small.