Oooo, been a while since I posted anything. What I wanted to share today is that I'm back to following Flylady more seriously, no more Been-there-done-that-just-wing-it-and-things-will-come-together. I'm on week three of babystepping back to routines and each day I am feeling better!
I keep reminding myself everyday that every little bit helps, and that I can do this!
I also keep reminding myself that "work" and "home" and "me" are three different areas that I have to fly around; I don't want to get overwhelmed and so I try to balance it out. Little steps in all 3 areas, instead of just working on one then feeling defeated when the other areas are falling apart.
Procrastination is my biggest monster to fight and I suspect it always will be, but by building the routines then the battles will be much more easily won.
And by allowing myself to take care of "me" stuff first, I feel much better and more able to work in the other areas. It's okay to go for a run before I clean the kitchen! In fact, I feel so good about my running accomplishment that it motivates me to not just shine the sink, but get the floor swept too! It used to be that I would do the cleaning first then if I'm not too tired maybe I'll go for a walk. Well, the new way is working much better woohoo!
Oh, and the running thing? It makes me giggle! You see, I hated running in school. Never ever thought I would get interested. Then I learned about the the C25K program: Couch To Five Km. Or in my case, the Computer To Five Km, lol. It was the program that got my interest, because it's broken down into babysteps. However, it was finding free music podcasts to download that convinced me to do it, because now I had the music to do the run with, complete with cues to tell me when it was time to run, time to walk to recover, then time to run again, and so on until the session was over. I didn't have to fuss with a clock to time the intervals, all I had to do was listen *and singalong* as I moved! Another tool to make a job fun! I even got two runs in while I was away for a weekend trip. The entire concept of exercising while on holiday really makes me giggle - and want to go do it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment