Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Canoe trip was a success!

What a great trip I had.  The 2 hours + that I spent canoeing myself went off without a hitch.  I had no troubles loading/unloading the canoe - it wasn't the weight that I was worried about, it was the awkwardness as I figured out the best way to do it, and I don't think I embarrassed myself at all!  Heehee.  The navigation through the four lakes went well, and portaging over the beaver dams was a breeze.  Despite the sore muscles from the paddling, I was so relaxed and just really enjoyed the outing.  The second day we explored another area of one of the lakes and found another nice camping spot.  Everyone enjoyed it, and several would have stayed another night if it wasn't for things like work and parental permission.  Oh, and food; we'd eaten most of it by then.  We saw lots of fish, but they weren't biting anyways.

I think the group leader is already planning to do this trip again next summer!

No comments: