Monday, October 19, 2009

This is why I have kids

The boys and I have a deal that when we go to Scouts or Cubs, I am not "mom"; I am "Scouter Sunny". This works well for all of us, even if we each have moments of forgetting.

This weekend I joined the Scouts on an overnight camping trip. When ds11 and I got to the meeting place, the leader gave me directions and I drove in to the campsite. As we started along I realized that the other kids were being dropped off back there and had to hike in. I said to ds11 "Maybe I should drop you off too. I don't want them to think you're getting special treatment"

"No," he replied. "They won't think that. I just have a special Mom."

He was completely unfazed, and it was all I could do to keep driving without getting all gushy on him.

No comments: