DS 11 reports:
"I went to the park and went down the slide on my feet and I broke a bone and now I have a cast"
My report:
What will be remembered:
"Mom woke me up really early to go to the hospital, I was in pain, and on the way there she stopped for an oil change."
What really happened:
I got a new truck engine ($5000) that in order to keep the warranty was required to have an oil change before 500 km. BEFORE. Not 1 k after. Saturday was booked, and I had deliveries scheduled for the rest of the week, so Monday morning was the only chance to do it.
Sunday night, ds11 wanted to go down the slide, but didn't want to get his butt wet (it had been raining off and on). So he surfed down on his feet, it was slippery and fast and he fell and landed on his wrist. (No I didn't let him... he was out walking the dog, showing us how responsible he is.)
I took him to the ER and the doc said come back in the morning for an xray; they open at 8:30 am.
The truck was within 30 k of that oil change, and they opened at 8:00 am.
Ergo, oil change on the way to the hospital.
We were in the hospital at 8:25. Multitasking at it's best.
To be fair, I asked ds11 if he was okay with that plan. He said yes, though that was before he woke me up at 2 in the morning for pain reliever. Then I woke him at 7 am, and bribed him with hot chocolate.
-------------
Me: "First one in the family to get a cast! High five!"
Ds11: Glares really hard at mom. No high five. But he smiled when he thought I wasn't looking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment