See that? That highlighted bit of road? And by 'bit' I want you to know that there is a lot of ups and downs and curves....
View Larger Map
I'm part of a bike team that is going to do a race on it!
mom: *gasp* Are you nuts?
me: It's 235 km long! (146 miles)
mom: You are nuts!
I'm going to be training for the next three weeks... if only to make sure my butt isn't too sore after the first half hour of riding!
Mwahahahaha... training... sounds like I'm serious about it! We're a team of 8, and the race entrants vary from the 'seriously competitive' to 'just an excuse to get drunk at the banquet'. I think our team falls somewhere in between - we're going to give it a good try, but really we're there to have fun.
So, watch for a post at the end of the month extolling our grand adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment