Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Brother is Awesome

We're planning to visit with my brother for a couple nights on an upcoming trip. My brother, A, is 27, educated, single, employed, no kids, and is a great uncle. I wish we could see more of him. And I wish he would have some kids someday so I can prank them like he does my kids.

He sent me a long list of things we could do while visiting... Imax, aquarium, golf, kayaking, hiking, snow tubing... and tucked in the middle of that list was 'nude beach'.

I'm so not going there... with my brother... *ahem back to the story*

So I pull up the list and call ds11 over to read it. 11 years old. Preteen. Starting to become aware of females, but without all the scary hormone stuff kicking into full gear.

He was quietly reading through the list, when all of a sudden I hear "Nude beach?" and I looked just in time to see a flash of horror on his face. Ahhh the joys of parenting....

He did say he'd do anything on the list EXCEPT that. I told my brother to try again in a few years when the hormones really kick in; he'll be the best uncle ever!

1 comment:

Feisty Irish Wench said...

And at that point, you'll also be telling everyone "no way in hades is the son going to a nude beach", and informing the uncle it can be something they do without your knowledge when the boy has turned 19.