Let me just say here that I take drinking and driving very seriously. Dh and I always have, and have never put ourselves in an unsafe position.
Last night however, we were at a friends party. The kids were off to Gramma's for the night. We were ready to party, and we did. Usually one of us is the designated drive for other party goers, so last night was a treat as we both got to be irresponsible.
(Take note of my tongue-in-cheek humor here folks!)
All was going great, then someone stuck a steering wheel in my hand.
Our friends have a Wii Game, and it was set up for 4 people to play Super Mario Cart.
And that is how I came to be driving drunk Oscifer.
I got the A button figured out so I could go forward. But the steering? Oh my.
I was working on those little arrows to go left and right to steer me around the track. But it wasn't working! I don't know how many times I drove off the road.
Finally somebody clued me in to the fact that the Wii controller was installed into a (drum roll please) steering wheel. All I had to do was steer normally.
Did I mention I was drinking?
While I was now able to steer the car, I still went off the road. Over and over and over. Giggling away with everyone else in a similar position.
On a serious note, it's good to be reaffirmed of the perils of drunken driving. On the party side of things, we had a hilarious time. Good friends, good food, good games.
Hope you all had fun ringing in the new year too!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We did indeed have a good time. I was the designated driver because everyone else along for the ride (of drinking age) was drinking.
Post a Comment