Monday, December 29, 2008

It's 40 Below

I'm cold.

Everything is cold.

I have the boys, downhill skis, skates, sleds, and my dad has the skidoos.

But we are stuck inside.

And

I

am

going

NUTS!

The plan was to visit my dad and step-mom's for a few days and have lots of outdoor fun. Instead we're going to head home a day early. It's somewhat warmer there, so we may or may not get to the outdoor fun before school is back in, but at least I'll be in my own home where I can putter away and get things big and small taken care of.

For all my whining and complaining and wishing for things to be different, I still love my home, and I miss it.

That and I've put on some poundage being stuck indoors surrounded by food. Yummy, melt-in-your-mouth, stick-to-your-ribs food. The kind that doesn't include fruit and veggies.

So tonight we pack up the skates and skis and all the extra winter gear and head home. A 5 hour drive in the summer that I will plan on doing in 7 hours. It's cold and icy, but we are going home no matter what.

See you there!

No comments: