Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Clutch Purse

Okay, bare with me here. This post is two-fold: first, I was too lazy to find the cable to connect my camera to download good shots, so instead I played with the web cam, therefor the pics are pretty grainy, but you get the idea. Second, since you get to share in some of my sewing adventures, I thought I'd share some pics.

This is the little clutch purse I made. It is reversible, so one side is more of a casual look, and the other side is more formal. Each side has a wrist strap, so I can keep hold of it while holding a drink in one hand and shaking hands with the other.

Why do you ask? Let's get this straight. I'm not a fashionista, for me this was more about being practical, presentable, try-to-appear-put-together, and keeping things simple. This will mostly be used on trips, many of which are work related, therefor the shaking-hands-while-drinking type meetings. Also, when I travel, I really really really try to pack light - as in carry-on luggage only, so a reversible clutch that takes up very little space will be great. This is just big enough to hold the hotel keys, some cash or a credit card, and if I need to have my cell phone with me, it will just fit in there.

I love the wrist straps. I am such a nervous-nelly about losing my purse.


So this would be the casual side


Lift the flap, flip it inside-out (outside-in?)...


...and here's the formal little black clutch,
with a touch of glam added via the black chain strap.
Yup, lumber girls need their touch of glam!

Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

~Cassie said...

Love it! Very ambitious! I managed one with a zipper the other day, all be hand.I think it took me 4 hours. Drat! No picture! Keep up the creative-ness. Stop in and say hi! sometime!! :)