Okay, so in the aftermath of glee from this project that was a great leap forward in battling perfectionism, I decided to attempt another one.
I have a little MP3 player. Mostly I use it at work, but sometimes at home too. I've tried keeping it in a pocket but it often falls out, and I'm not fond of the arm band holder-thingies.
I decided to make my own little pouch for it that I could clip on a belt loop or pin on my shirt.
I had some leftover material from a curtain that would be durable, unobtrusive, easy to work with and *bonus* thread that matched. So I made my pattern plans and got to work.
It was going really well. Instead of just being a plain old rectangle I thought I'd put in a curve. It was easy to do and would like nicer. **Squeak squeak goes the perfectionism wheel**
Then I flipped it inside out (outside out?) I flipped it the right way out to finish it up.
Here's a picture for your entertainment...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It looked like a condom.
It doesn't help that its a beige-y colour.
At least it's not pink. And I was ironing the fabric so it's not wrinkly.
If I had just left it as a rectangle shape it would have been fine, but no, I had to be fancy and round the bottom.
Just a tad phallic looking eh? Now picture it hanging off your shirt or belt loop... and wonder why everyone is staring. Everyone.
I was doing a really good sewing job on it too. It's indestructible. Isn't that what one would want in a condom? D'oh, I mean MP3 pouch?
So I straightened the end. It took me three tries; partly because of the indestructible aspect, and partly because it was late and I was getting tired.
Laughing hysterically every time I looked at it had nothing to do with it, nope, nothing at all.
Now I've got a tampon sleeve.
I wonder if the boys will want to borrow it?
1 comment:
Hahahahaa!!! Sounds like someting I'd do! Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment