Saturday, September 27, 2008

My idiotic moment (Yes sis, just one. Shut up)

Last April, I was trying to pop the hood on the motorhome so I could boost the battery and move it.

I pulled the lever under the steering wheel and heard a metalic 'pop'. Out I went to put the hood up, but it was still shut tight. Ugg. Go pull the lever again. Wiggle it. Yank it. Talk sweet nothin's and pull gently. Kick and holler, karate chop on the hood, I tried it all. (Well, I didn't try a crowbar, but seeing as how it's my dad's vehicle I figured I better not.) One final curse and I walk away, I can find other stuff to do.

Days, ummmm, weeks, pass by and time's up, it's gotta move now. I tried again, you know just thinking that it would magically repair itself, but no luck. So I toodle down the road to the RV mechanic with a bag of cookies and a pleading look on my face, and J is happy to stop by and have a look.

10 seconds. Less then that probably, and he's got the hood open. "This guy is a magician" I think.

How did he do that? Well, simple really. He pulled the lever marked "hood". Turns out I had been pulling the brake release. Over and over.

The really idiotic part is that both levers are clearly marked. Sigh.

2 comments:

fazzey said...

hehe sounds like something i might do!

insanelybusymomma said...

ROFLMAO, I have actually done that before myself. Your in good company Sunny! :D