Sunday, March 9, 2008

Taxes are Taxing.

I'm an unprosecuted felon. So is my husband. When we moved in 2005 I had all our info tucked safely into an envelope so we could do our tax returns. That envelope hasn't been seen since, and of course I believed it would turn up soon as we worked our way through the different boxes as we unpacked, then we could get our taxes done and everyone would be happy with our accurate returns and our refund cheques.

It was not to be.

It is three years later, and we are now 4 years behind on our returns. My mom kindly pointed out that we're breaking the law. I kindly replied that I was such a great kid as a teen that I'm now finally rebelling against authority. I'm such a bad-ass!

So now I'm going to do those taxes, from memory. This should keep some poor exhausted government tax return officer mildly entertained for an hour. Or for a week. I wonder what kind of polite letter I'll get from them after I send in our returns?

Here's the link I'll need to find the old forms:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/formspubs/t1general/allyears-e.html

No comments: