Another US politician is in trouble for possible liasons with a call-girl. Why should I care? How come I never hear about Canadian politicians getting into this trouble?
Is it because Canadian politicians don't get into this sort of trouble? Or do they just not get caught? Do they not get into this trouble because they have different morals, or because these temptations aren't hanging around the same halls? Is it because our media doesn't report it? Or is our media too busy with what's happening across the border that they can't be bothered with reporting what's really going on at home?
Enough about the media... what about these people getting involved? I'm not trying to stand on some high-moral podium, I just want to say 'I don't get it'. They have a family. They have people surrounding them who care and/or who are watching their every move. Shouldn't they be occupied with their family and their work (which they get paid obnoxiously high sums for) that they shouldn't have time to spend elsewhere? What got into them that made them so selfish and inconsiderate? Didn't they get this job because they're supposed to be somewhat smart? Aren't they supposed to be mature grown-ups? I don't get it. I hope I never do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment