Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Come on over Flylady... I need you today!

In the grand scheme of life, this is insignificant, but it's sidetracking me today.

I love to travel. I love the exploration and new experiences and independence and freedom and even the airports.

I have been wanting for almost 2 years now for this bag to be my traveling bag. Pricey? Yes, that's why I've been waiting for it for so long. Worth it? I believe so - it's one of those items that will last a lifetime, even if I get to do all the traveling I dream of. And then some more.

I saved my 'allowance'. (It's part of our family budgeting that works for us. Dh blows his on comics and I don't stress about it.) I've been saving a long time. And I finally dove in and ordered it and it arrived!

Two days ago! But when they delivered it no one was home, so off it went to the post office.
One day ago - off I went to the post office! The staff had been ill and closed up early - Arghhh!
Finally today - back to the post office... that one person in front of me took FOR-EV-ER. I'm sure my anticipation didn't help though.

I got my parcel, jumped in the truck and took off to get to work. But I couldn't wait - had to start opening it to get a peek. Pathetic, I know.

So I'm at work. I've had the bag out and played with it and of course all my dreams are consuming all my attention. I've got plans man. I'm ready to pack up for my weekend trip in three weeks. I want to pack my stuff and go try out the bag and get a good feel for it. When I travel I want to be comfy and relaxed and ready for anything.

I'm sure putting a lot of hopes and pressure onto this bag. Even Dh knows it's part of our retirement plan.

So Flylady, that bag is taunting me while I'm supposed to be working. I'm making my list and setting my timer. Then I can go home and play!

*poof*

No comments: