This weekend I got a lot accomplished at home. I'm talking major decluttering and clearing and *gasp* putting stuff away even! It feels great, and was long overdue. The boys were involved in some of it, but I kept in mind that I didn't want to overwhelm them and get in a fight about cleaning. All in all, it went well. Dh kept out of my way by working on the basement renovations a little bit. Coward. Reminds me of this too.
Then, as a reward to them, I let them have friends over.
Within 5 minutes half of the toys put away downstairs, in their rooms, were dragged out and hauled back up to the main floor. While they're were *cough* destroying all my hard work *cough* I mean playing and having a grand time, they were also making plans to *cough* take a wrecking ball and a bulldozer to my kitchen *cough* that is to say, bake some treats and make some ice cream.
I'm having a vision of the future... it involves me and a bottle of rum. Is it time for their friends to leave yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment