Thursday, March 27, 2008

I want one too!

Yes I work in a lumber yard and yes I run a forklift. It's pretty much my own machine. It's oldish and can be cantankerous, but most days we get along just fine. I'm happy to have it to make my job so much easier. I affectionally call it my cranky old man. It reminds me (lovingly) of my dh's grandfather.

So yesterday when a customer was getting their order and I was encouraging my noisy machine behave, he mentioned that they just got a new forklift at the yard and it does this and that automatically. Sounds like a lovely machine.

Now, normally I'm not the jealous type, but later on I just had a moment when I really really really wanted a nice, shiny, well-behaved new forklift.

I would take good care of it, dress it up pretty and call it Daisy. Sunny and Daisy... wouldn't we make a good team?

Back to reality now...

No comments: